New head lights . Any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want them, but I have seen a few reviews complaining of led failures within a year. You cant replace the bulbs individually, so you would have to take the whole front clip down to exchange them. When you consider the $1.5k price, thats a no go for me...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've 'heard' that Morimoto brand headlights are a quality brand, but I've personally never used them.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using Morimoto projectors and electronics for years with success. Great products but I've definitely had to replace ballasts and igniters multiple times the first time I used their products ~8-9 years ago. That being said, the customer service was great and they immediately sent replacements as soon as I sent a picture of the defective product showing it was disabled. My Duramax used to be a cateye and I still really miss the lighting setup I put together for it which was some eBay special $80 headlights and then ~$400 in projectors/electronics.

IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0769.JPG

I put a set of the XB headlights in my Denali recently and I love them. I don't know what I expect from them long term as far as reliability goes but I have retrofitted projectors to headlights multiple times so I am not afraid to crack them open and repair them whenever they fail. I would trust OE over Morimoto but so far I haven't seen anything else aftermarket that I would put any serious money into either.

20240607_232534.jpg 20240608_221942.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rev1126