New lights and HID question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been lurking the forum for a while and I'm happy I've found this place. I have found some great information and ideas for my '99 Tahoe.

I am looking at getting some new lights since mine are getting old. This link is what I've found recommended by many: http://www.tycoonlights.com
I plan to get new headlights and parking/signal lights from them.
I also found this link: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W recommended but have a question. I see that I need the 9005 and 9006's but I don't know if they are sold in pairs or not and if I need the HID harness or error eliminator.

Any comments on this combination of these lights? I'm looking at the 600k version if anyone has any personal experience with the color I'd like to hear about them.

Thanks.

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards....DDM is the best in hids that most of us on here have found and use and yes they come in pairs but if you get the 9006 for your low beams you prolly wont have to ever use your brights..i have the ddm 9006 10k 35watt and i NEVER use my brights so i didnt buy them in hids..

OP
OP
E

edgette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I received my kits in today and love them. There was some confusion on the install since there are no directions or anything like that. I plugged them in as it seems like they should be and got nothing; lows or highs. Called DDM and they told me that on a lot of GM vehicles the factory harness needs to be flipped over when compared to where they would normally lock in. After doing that they lit up perfectly fine. Took a little ride around and can't imagine driving without them.

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you like them i would say after you have them in your hoe you wont be able to drive another car without them again...i hate driving the wifes car cause i cant see shit...LOL

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you adjust your new headlights if you got them. I have TYC heads with HID's and I get flashed a lot from oncoming traffic because one of my headlights points up and into there face lol. I need to fix that...

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
likewise i have the 10000k 55w kit, i used to get flashed until i adjusted them. i never use my high beams anymore because they're not bright at all

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question, are the ddm hardness kits necessary for low 35w hids??

For my 99 Tahoe is was not necessary, but you have an 04. You'd be better off asking that question in the NBS section but chances are you won't need it.

OP
OP
E

edgette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure you adjust your new headlights if you got them. I have TYC heads with HID's and I get flashed a lot from oncoming traffic because one of my headlights points up and into there face lol. I need to fix that...
I need to tweak them a bit. One of them is adjusted differently than the other. I was flashed once tonight already because of it. I do love the high's on the empty highway. It's like my own personal sun in front of the grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83