New Member - 02 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new here. You guys helped me create my criteria for my truck search which I started last fall. You helped me diagnose potential issues on trucks I had considered. Your posts made me eliminate others and stick to Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades.

After all that I ended up with this 02.
e3e6uvyv.jpg

5ymy7uha.jpg

I still have a leaky washer fluid reservoir to fix, ABS module to ship off, and transmission fluid tp change. Otherwise I feel like I have a new car. I'm happy.

I've asked stupid questions and no one has gone ballistic. Glad to be here and learn and hopefully contribute.
- Matt

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and Congrats on the new truck.

Washer Reservoir fix is no big deal, I have done mine last summer.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Just changed my diff fluid and all my transmission fluid. That drain plug in my rear diff made it easy. A bucket pump and attaching a hose to the radiator made the 16 quart transmission fluid change simple! Both fluids were black so I'm glad I did all this.

So far this has been a pretty simple truck to work on (compared to my BMW). Hopefully I can take care of this thing and be on here a while. Next issue: ABS module.

danniboi

Reaction score
What were the issues you encountered with a Suburban, I own one (02) and the only issue so far was a tranny relay that went bad, but that was changed and its been running like a champ ever since. Granted what geared me towards the suburban was the 5 year 100k mi warranty they added. Its going to expire in either two years or I need to hit 245k mi. Nice ride and welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968