New member from Dallas TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I am a new member from Dallas, TX.

My wife's family has a long history with the Bowtie community. My father-in-law still has his original 69 Chevy he bought new.

When it comes to MY choice of ride, I am old school. I still drive around carbureted trucks daily as they are easy to work on and I can control all aspects of it. I am regular on the old truck forums.

When it came to a family vehicle (wife driving) we put our trust in this 2024 Suburban Z71 we bought last month. So far we are happy with it, it is currently at the dealership getting a new video processing module already after 600 miles when the 360 degree cameras/reverse camera went out (See why I drive old trucks when it comes to myself!) Some of the others on this forum have reported this issue.

Figured I would become part of this forum and contribute/learn !!

IMG_6871.JPG

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am a new member from Dallas, TX.

My wife's family has a long history with the Bowtie community. My father-in-law still has his original 69 Chevy he bought new.

When it comes to MY choice of ride, I am old school. I still drive around carbureted trucks daily as they are easy to work on and I can control all aspects of it. I am regular on the old truck forums.

When it came to a family vehicle (wife driving) we put our trust in this 2024 Suburban Z71 we bought last month. So far we are happy with it, it is currently at the dealership getting a new video processing module already after 600 miles when the 360 degree cameras/reverse camera went out (See why I drive old trucks when it comes to myself!) Some of the others on this forum have reported this issue.

Figured I would become part of this forum and contribute/learn !!

View attachment 437528
Welcome, share the old trucks too. Any squarebody's? Are you on GMSB?

OP
OP
viven44

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, share the old trucks too. Any squarebody's? Are you on GMSB?
I would have already shared forum presence but regrettably the blue oval ones have always found me (hope I'm not booted out, hehe).... I have not been successful in find my own GM trucks... probably because I know I will inherit some of my father-in-law's collection.

FIL has owned only GMs over the years, all in the property in various conditions. (Caprices over the years, 1978 Van, 2 Medium dutys --- all in running condition except 1 caprice that I intend to restore one day, owned from new).

Here is a couple of the better ones

1) FIL's 1969 Chevy CST10 owned from new. Still bone stock, original caburetor, fuel system, AC might work with a little R12 recharge !

2) FIL's 1989 Blazer

IMG_6846.JPG

IMG_6847.JPG

IMG_7033.JPG

IMG_7036.JPG

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have already shared forum presence but regrettably the blue oval ones have always found me (hope I'm not booted out, hehe).... I have not been successful in find my own GM trucks... probably because I know I will inherit some of my father-in-law's collection.

FIL has owned only GMs over the years, all in the property in various conditions. (Caprices over the years, 1978 Van, 2 Medium dutys --- all in running condition except 1 caprice that I intend to restore one day, owned from new).

Here is a couple of the better ones

1) FIL's 1969 Chevy CST15 owned from new. Still bone stock, original caburetor, fuel system, AC might work with a little R12 recharge !

2) FIL's 1989 Blazer

View attachment 437529

View attachment 437530

View attachment 437531

View attachment 437532

My dad had the same color '69 but a GMC. That was the first stick shifter I learned to drive. Only in granny gear no gas with Dad walking along the outside. I was 13 or 14.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road