New member from Dallas TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
viven44

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Orlando. The new vehicles are very different. They look the same but at least for me, there is a learning curve with the electronics.

Well ours already had a problem with the backup and 360 degree cameras not working

Took it to the dealer. Dealer replaced Module 87816606 - Video processing module which looks to be a >$600 OE part and of course my guess is this part needs to be reprogrammed by dealer to accept the VIN of the vehicle. (Just a wild guess someone with more knowledge can confirm).

That has corrected the issue.

Scared about the future we are heading to with all the computer modules in these newer trucks

OP
OP
viven44

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Yes I intend to. I have worked on numerous makes and models of vehicles over the years. I am hopeful to contribute in a constructive way...

OP
OP
viven44

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
E0CC8576-2834-471C-A65F-43C26E4F544F.jpeg

Added a 2002 Yukon 2WD with the 5.3 Vortec to the family. This low mileage one showed up … has 89k original miles … this will be one of my daily drivers. After driving 70s and 80s carbed trucks for a while this 2002 feels like a technological marvel.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 438240

Added a 2002 Yukon 2WD with the 5.3 Vortec to the family. This low mileage one showed up … has 89k original miles … this will be one of my daily drivers. After driving 70s and 80s carbed trucks for a while this 2002 feels like a technological marvel.
WOW. That's definitely a SCORE!

I bought my 99 Silverado in 2007 with that kind of mileage!

GMT800 FTW :)

Welcome to the forum neighbor. What area of Dallas do you live in?

OP
OP
viven44

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WOW. That's definitely a SCORE!

I bought my 99 Silverado in 2007 with that kind of mileage!

GMT800 FTW :)

Welcome to the forum neighbor. What area of Dallas do you live in?
Hey there neighbor!!

I'm in the North Dallas area (Richardson), how about you?

I am very much enjoying the size of this Yukon. About 198" length, fits in my short driveway just fine and leaves me room to back out my other garaged truck. Many other full size cars couldn't fit in that area.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there neighbor!!

I'm in the North Dallas area (Richardson), how about you?

I am very much enjoying the size of this Yukon. About 198" length, fits in my short driveway just fine and leaves me room to back out my other garaged truck. Many other full size cars couldn't fit in that area.
Awesome! I'm in SW Dallas near Mountain View College.

I was in Richardson today looking at a building. 75 & Campbell area.

One of my former co-worker/friends had Tahoe, I think 2003. It was over 400k. He'd passed it on to his daughter-in-law, and she divorced his son, so he lost track of it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's still on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate