New member from Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebodell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
New member here, obviously. I have a 1998 GMC Yukon 4X4 with the Vortek 350. The truck has about 166K miles on it. It is originally from Utah (where I used to live) so it is relatively clean and rust free. I bought it used with about 142K miles on it and thus far have only had to replace the fuel pump (although I am now chasing an ABS issue). I have really enjoyed the truck so far and my kids love the room and comfort.

My other vehicle a 1993 Chevrolet K3500 that my dad drove, brand new, off the lot in Moscow Idaho. It is equipped with a 454 BBC and 4L80E trans. The K-truck has about 100K miles on it and has never seen snow or salt and always been shedded. Aside from headers, a 3" exhaust, K&N, and chip it is basically bone stock. This one is my baby and will be handed down to my son once he proves he will take care of it.

With my fleet I figure that I have both major V8 types covered (SBC and BBC). For the most part I am a GM guy, I have nothing against the other makes and do have a militant "unless it's a (insert make here) it's nothing" attitude. I just prefer Chevy/GMC as that is what I grew up with and know how to work on. I also prefer slightly older vehicles for both financial and maintenance reasons. Even though I could buy a new truck I just cannot bear losing more money the minute I drive a new one off the lot than I have wrapped up in my current fleet. I can find many parts for both my trucks in the local boneyard and find them relatively easy to maintain and repair.

I have a BSME from the University of Utah. I graduated more years ago than I care to remember. My other diversions from daily life are my kids, hunting, fishing, mountain biking, lifting, and general home improvement/repair projects. I obviously also enjoy (for the most part) working on my vehicles. I have a hard time farming any work out when I can learn to do it myself and gain knowledge. I would have a hard time letting someone else work on my K-truck anyway.

Probably more info than you care to read but if you made it this far I am done for now.

Cheers,
Erik