New member introduction with a 2 Door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dy_lon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

First i wanted to introduce myself and that I have been a lurker here for a few months now getting ideas for my recently aquired 1995 2 door Tahoe. It has an Iron headed vortec longblock with the TBI to vortec head intake. It still doesnt run correctly but ill explain that further later on.

Current mods: 3 in body lift, 1 in lift blocks in rear (to be removed), Surco Safari roof rack (not sure on how i want to attach it...Ideas?),Pre runner bar, Rubber interior flooring, removing chrome trim on rockers to paint with truck bed lining, Sport grill, sport emblem and fender flares (not installed), aux reverse lights, roof rack lights, carling switches to be mounted in overhead console and on lower section of dash,

Future mods: 180+ amp alternator, front mount hitch, 1200+ watt power inverter, New headlights with HID's, a midland 75-822 CB, and a bunch of other stuff that I cant think of right now.

Here are a few pictures of my truck that were taken with my phone:

I forgot to mention the "cool" sticker on the brow has been removed.

Thanks and tell me what you think!

Attachments

• damaged tools 002.jpg
    damaged tools 002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 41
  • damaged tools 003.jpg
    damaged tools 003.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 53
  • damaged tools 010.jpg
    damaged tools 010.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 46
  • damaged tools 013.jpg
    damaged tools 013.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 52

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
badass tahoe. i kinda wish i had found a red one instead of white.

welcome btw!

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice 2 door you got there! Red's a good color for that truck. :Handshake:

OP
OP
D

dy_lon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! I am working 12 hour shifts for about the next 45+ days straight so I will try to make some very slow progress. I hope to have all of the rocker panels and the new fender flares on within the next couple of weeks.

Does anyone ahve any ideas on a better way to mount the Surco roof rack to the factory rack better than the mounts sold by Surco? I was thinking of using square u-bolts? Any thoughts?

Where does everyone mount their auxillary switches? I am thinking either to the blank spot on my overhead console or the dash somewhere?

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the blank spot on the console is a good place and pretty practical. how many do you have to mount? might even be enough room on the dash next to the 4wheel selector switch and rear hatch switch

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice tahoe man, where did you get that pre runner bar? I want one of those for mine and havent been able to find one

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome and nice truck. You have a great starting point there. any questions just hit us up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scunningham

Latest posts