New Nav Unit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

woolbrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All my parts arrived today. I know what I'll be doing this weekend! :)

OP
OP
W

woolbrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, started working on my install today and have a couple of questions.

1. Since I'm using the OS-4, That means factory Bluetooth is retained. I assume this also means that it doesn't work through the pioneer unless I install the mic for the pioneer and initiate the bluetooth through the radio. Is that correct?
  2. I was trying to hook up the backup camera using the brown connector supplied with the OS-4. However where does it plug in? There were only two plugs for the factory radio and it doesn't fit either of those plugs (both are used anyway). The backup camera still works on the rear view mirror, but I would like to display it on the 7" screen. Is this possible?
  3. One thing I found interesting is that after hooking everything up, XM still worked on the rear seat audio controls. I wasn't expecting that since I didn't install an XM receiver for the radio. I guess the Factory XM reciver is wire in somewhere else. If I read the OS-4 directions correctly, I should be able to access XM from the DIC using the controls on the steering wheel?
I'm sure I will run into more issues and have more questions when I work on it more tomorrow, but so far everything else is working.

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Joe

OP
OP
W

woolbrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Install completed!

It took me the better part of 2 days, but I got it done. The unit isn't quite flush, it sticks out about 1/4" at the bottom, but it looks ok.

No major problems, everyting went smoothly. I ended up installing both the mic and the camera for the unit, Voice activation and bluetooth work. I now have 2 backup cameras. One shows on the unit and the factory shows on the mirror.

The hardest part was running the wire for the camera. I'm very picky and didn't want the wire to show. Ended up removing the panel on the lift gate and running the wire through the rubber grommet that connects the liftgate to the body.

Programming the PAC SWI- was a pain. I must have redone it about 20 time before I got it right. I may still go back and make some adjustments later.

Now I just have to learn how to use it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555