New Owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soulsea, tried to send you a PM but I guess I have to have a post count of 10 or greater. I was wondering about your rear wheel spacers. I am upgrading the rims tommorrow and was wanted to space the rear out some. Did you notice any handling differences?
Also where did you get them from?
I was going to go after market but decided to stay with OEM. Only getting 20's but I am going with a more aggressive tire. Cooper Zeon LTZ, yes I realize they are a little offroadish but my Hyhoe is 4x4 and I want a decent handling snow tire.

Nope handles exactly the same.

Yeah I always go with oem parts when I can. Mine is a 4x4 as well and I started out with aftermarket 24s but went back to GM 22s with their GY spec tire, but in only snows sporadically in DC.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the ones I have are just a flat donut with 6 holes in them ... they just slide in tween the wheel and the hub.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see, and you still had enough stud left? The idea of going up to a 5/8" kind of scares me a little. Problems with "fastener bending" from my engineering classes haunt me a little I guess.

I am going to put the tires and wheels on tommorrow so I am pretty stoked, hope there are no fitment issues, going with stock tahoe 20's and 275/55/20 for tires. Thinking it should be okay.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a little hesitant myself but knowing they were on another vehicle for a long time without issues I went ahead with it ... and there was plenty of stud left. I've since checked them several times and they are as tight as they were day 1. But you can also get the kind which fasten to your existing studs and then have new ones sticking out.

Can't wait to see pics of the new wheels/tires ... I think you will be fine, if not, it's nothing a little liner trimming can't fix. :)

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I will probably be alone in the tahoe hybrid world with Zeons but I really like the look of the tire and loved the ride and tractions they provide in the winter. Can always get a set of your big balling 22's for the summer if I see the need. By the way saw your post in the other thread. X6 all the way! Just got back from my bro's in Germany and his X6 ActiveH is bad as hell!

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new OEM 20's on with the cooper zeon ltz's. I like the fact that the tires are LTZ's lol. Drives great and I am sure it is my but dyno but it seems like it will stay in all electric longer, thought maybe it was the tires since technically the are .02" taller but checked with an independent GPS and speedo is right on. Will try and throw up some pics soon.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New HyHoe looks great Jay ... can't believe mine once looked like that.

Welcome aboard. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Oh, and here's a list of potential mods to inspire you: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=396744&postcount=772 :)

Careful on the lockpick though, I've heard of mixed results with our trucks.

+1000000 to the lockpick. From personal experience-- do NOT get one. It is a terribly flawed and buggy system.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that sucks about the lockpick. Well I guess I'll just swap out the bluetooth thingy so at least I can have that.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that sucks about the lockpick. Well I guess I'll just swap out the bluetooth thingy so at least I can have that.

Good plan.. look into Nav TV I hear that's a better alternative. It also has BlueTooth. Also what kind of OEM 20's did ya get? Lets see some pics! :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patricktooth