New Shocks and Shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pez Man LTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 2015 Tahoe LTX with 82K, and noticed it rode like a tricycle. After finding this site, learned of the issues with the Magnaride suspension. Driving this thing was painful. The tires needed to be replaced, so opted for a set of Michelins. Ride really didn't improve, so i went under the the truck and took a pic of the shock part #s, which came back to some cheap after market shocks. Ordered 4 new GM shocks from Rock Auto for $407 ea. and had them installed. Much, better ride now. Also installed a pedal commander, which improved the performance feel. Pleasure to drive now. Next is to look into the occational click in the steering wheel, which is very intermittent, and only at slow speeds with little wheel movement.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good choice going back to the OEM suspension, IMO. I had the same situation when I purchased my new-to-me 2007 Yukon XL Denali, and converting back to the OEM suspension was a great improvement.

If you want even further improvement in handling, get yourself a pair of Hellwig sway bars, and completely eliminate any body roll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedracer711g