New to catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABN45

Reaction score
So new to the world of catch cans.
Don't need them on my 2015 2500HD Silverado.

I have a 2012 GMC YUKON SLT and was told to install a catch can. It will be my daily driver and 4x4 driven when needed in the snow and or on some trips overlanding when called for.

Are they pretty much all created equal online or there are some bad ones out there?
Whats a trusted brand to go with that will do it's thing?

Thanks yall.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So new to the world of catch cans.
Don't need them on my 2015 2500HD Silverado.
Second sentence will prove the first, after a few years.
Watch ...
I have a 2012 GMC YUKON SLT and was told to install a catch can (in 2024).
It will be my daily driver and 4x4 driven when needed in the snow and or on some trips overlanding when called for.
Are they pretty much all created equal online or there are some bad ones out there?
What's a trusted brand to go with that will do its thing?
As catch cans are not technically endorsed by the CARB yet, it's caveat emptor, meaning, you do your due diligence.

To oversimplify, you do NOT want a straight easy path from the crankcase (back) to the combustion chamber.
The catch can has to make it easy for the vapors to sink, but difficult for the vapors to rise again,
so the vapors can condense and get ... CAUGHT.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, will installing a oil catch can in a California registered vehicle cause issues with the biannual smog test?
If it does - worst case - you know how y'all unplug the AFM / DFM disabler before you drive into the dealership ...
... unless they're not wet blankets over there?
Since the smog test mech-tech likely has the CARB monkey on his back,
maybe make the catch can as easy to uninstall, as to reinstall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottMM