New wheels....w/ pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
allando

allando

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was looking into the Velocity 725s in 26's. How hard was painting and how do you prevent them from chipping?

These wheels aren't chrome. They are powdercoated w/ an aluminum lip. All I had to do was get the faces sanded, sealed, and painted. One of my friends did it for me. I used a urothane (sp) singe stage paint which I was told is a little thicker than normal... I doubt you can paint over chrome w/o experiencing chipping later on.

As for everyone else.... Thanks for the comments. I put quite a bit of work into this truck, and I love it!!!!! Glad everyone likes it!!!:Handshake:

alvilino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These wheels aren't chrome. They are powdercoated w/ an aluminum lip. All I had to do was get the faces sanded, sealed, and painted. One of my friends did it for me. I used a urothane (sp) singe stage paint which I was told is a little thicker than normal... I doubt you can paint over chrome w/o experiencing chipping later on.

As for everyone else.... Thanks for the comments. I put quite a bit of work into this truck, and I love it!!!!! Glad everyone likes it!!!:Handshake:

Thanks for the info man. Guess i gotta stick with chrome then. Nice truck though. Very nice.

TONEBLACK06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck looks nice I cant wait to get mine I love the white on white look congrats .

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 18

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Very nice. Props on the look!! Was thinking about doing black rims, but may go to white now!! Flows pretty good. And you know I love the whitedout theme!!!

OP
OP
allando

allando

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running a 305/35/24... some rubbing during "parking lot maneuvers", but nothing to worry about. I'm planning on getting some 295/35/24 or something like that when these tires wear out.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty