New Yukon SLE or Used SLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T Ford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! I have a well loved 2017 Yukon SLT with 113k miles. I am considering new gen because my seat is so uncomfortable. Would you go 24’ SLE or 22’ SLT or Tahoe RST? Appreciate any feedback.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are only going to go backwards. The last "comfortable" seating were the 07-14, and the previous generation thru 06 were even way way better than that.

TiGrayMSM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think this really depends on your use case. We have a 2022 XL SLT and were also on the fence between a new SLE vs CPO SLT. I wanted the front bench seat of the SLE, but there were just too many missing features on the SLE. Things that stuck out to me (not sure of 22 vs 24 SLE standard options so be sure to check) were no memory seats, no power retractable mirrors, and no power rear liftgate. Also, a feature that I did not think was necessary and I am finding to be quite useful is the front facing camera (not available on SLE). With how tall the front end is on these trucks, that front camera makes city parallel parking in "tight" spaces a breeze. Other features to consider would be power folding seats. Having the ability to fold these from the overhead console is quite useful. The other goodies on the SLT like the ventilated seats or wireless charging were, for me at least, nice-to-haves, but definitely not necessary.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this really depends on your use case. We have a 2022 XL SLT and were also on the fence between a new SLE vs CPO SLT. I wanted the front bench seat of the SLE, but there were just too many missing features on the SLE. Things that stuck out to me (not sure of 22 vs 24 SLE standard options so be sure to check) were no memory seats, no power retractable mirrors, and no power rear liftgate. Also, a feature that I did not think was necessary and I am finding to be quite useful is the front facing camera (not available on SLE). With how tall the front end is on these trucks, that front camera makes city parallel parking in "tight" spaces a breeze. Other features to consider would be power folding seats. Having the ability to fold these from the overhead console is quite useful. The other goodies on the SLT like the ventilated seats or wireless charging were, for me at least, nice-to-haves, but definitely not necessary.
The front bench from the SLE can be added to the higher trims if you order some parts - this forum member @yukon-xl did ----> https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/front-bucket-to-bench-swap.144190/post-1842962

OP
OP
T

T Ford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TY! This does have cameras and driver package, also wireless charger
Missing vent seats but I don’t mind that at all, for me it’s mirrors, litigate and memory seats also though they are power

OP
OP
T

T Ford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are only going to go backwards. The last "comfortable" seating were the 07-14, and the previous generation thru 06 were even way way better than that.
I’ve heard that! Although, it’s why I’m looking at cloth! More cushion for sure

TiGrayMSM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The leather on the SLT is nothing to write home about for sure. Just the center of the seat and backrest is leather for the front and 2nd row. The rest of the seat along with the entire 3rd row is a pretty cheap feeling pleather. Very disappointing materials for something with a 75k+ MSRP.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the foam they have to use. My coworker's girlfriend (been together for 10 years mind you) works for a major interior supplier in Michigan. The reason why new seats are so uncomfortable is the government has mandated they meet biodegradable requirements, therefore the foam they used 10 or 20 years ago is much softer and plush than what they have today.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ll second the 07-10 couch type seats prior to GM installing airbags inside the seats.

IMG_2199.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369