Newb from Springfield IL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GreyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently bought my 'Hoe. I have an 02 LT 4x4 5.3. It's pretty stock. So far, the only things I have done to it are I replaced the factory blown sub with a Kicker 8". It fit into the box(with a little massaging from a Dremel) and sounds pretty decent for $80. The other thing I did to it was installed a set of 6000K HID's, which I have a picture up of. I do have a decent amount of stuff planned for it, though. When the money comes in, I am going to do a K&N Cold Air Intake, a custom Magnaflow exhaust system, a full Alpine sound system, tint the windows(to hopefully deter the thieves from my sound system) and a Programmer. I already know lots of you are gonna say get a Blackbear tune, but I want the ability to switch easily back and fourth between economy and power. So I am thinking either Edge or Bullydog. Any input from somebody with experience on that front would be appreciated! Thanks in advance and I hope to have some wonderful times and miles in my new 'Hoe!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Post some pics man sounds like you got a lot going on. And about the tune, BlackBear has an EFI Live AutoCal that allows you to switch tunes whenever you want... Just like the two you mentioned except its an actual "custom" tune instead of pre-programmed tables.

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, south suburbs of IL. here.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Alpine deck in my Jeep. Alpine makes some pretty good stuff.

OP
OP
02GreyTahoe

02GreyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so I've got a pic up of the whole truck as well as a pic up of the HID's. Also looking into possibly doing the 4hi Mod for the headlights. Anyone that is experienced in it, is it really as easy as simply cutting the yellow wire behind the low bulb and attaching it to ground? And Felix, one of the other issues is it is my daily driver, so I don't particularly want it to be down for a while waiting for the ECM. Can you just get a different one out of a junkyard 'Hoe and have Blackbear do it on that one and it work fine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian