Newb looking for wheel input... '10 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billard81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newb looking for wheel input... '10 Suburban (Updated w/ Pics)

Looking for some help/input with a set of wheels/tires on a dark grey suburban.

I like reasonably plain wheels, more specifically... 6 spoke. While chrome isn't necessarily what I was after, I just couldn't find any black wheels that suited my tastes.

Thinking of getting the Akuza 701 Dominion wheel in 22"x9.5" Offset is 35.

Tires would be Nexen Roadian 285/45/R22. With stock suspension can I go slightly larger without rubbing issues?

I have no plans of dropping this vehicle at all, will the 35 offset work well for me?

Any comments on this wheel/tire combo? Anyone ever hear of Akuza? lol

804-0-339x327.jpg

Larger picture: http://tirewheelrack.com/index.php?...ID=254&zenid=681229f9e697678a726e81f38a23dea1

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They at least look really good :) If you throw up pics of your ride then it might help out a little bit with the opinions of wheel and tire combo :waytogo:

OP
OP
B

billard81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess I did find one option in black that I liked, but the price is higher. KMC Slides in gloss black.

here is a pic of the Suburban now... stock.

IMG_1676.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
B

billard81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, just ordered the 22" KMC Slides in black.

want to get rid of all the chrome on the vehicle, so chrome rims would have been a step in the wrong direction. Sounds like about 2 weeks for delivery, will post pics as soon as they are mounted.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good choice on the slides!! Nice looking rim man :waytogo:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMC Slides are a great way to go. really like those rims especially in black although gloss is not really my thing would prefer them in matte.

OP
OP
B

billard81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will be a bigger version of mine. Don't see a lot of gray ones blaced out. Nice!

Your Tahoe looks great. Definitely the look I am after. Great job there.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Couldn't decide between the G4 or the Bermuda Black tails for a little bit... finally decided on the G4. It was basically a coin flip situation as far as what one I like the look of.... and the G4 was a bit cheaper so I went with that. Smoked LED third brake light on the way too.

Now just have to figure out what I'm going to do for the grille. It looks like all of the options that I like involve cutting... something that I would like to avoid. Also, the black grilles with mesh all seem to have a black surround too... would need to get the surround painted to match the grey. Will post pics in this thread as I progress.

Jshlafer

Reaction score
ditto

I also have a de badged /11 dark grey Tahoe and I just got KMC slides.
I do a bit of sand and off road trail stuff as well as tow so I went for the 22'.
I put on the Cooper LTZ tire and this combo is sick..
I will be smoking the tails and blacking out the grill trim and bow tie, so I guess we will have matching rides.
Itsspeeds when you drop yours, I would love to see a pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320