Newbie at DIY mechanics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Welcome!!! Both of those repairs, although they MAY seem tough, really aren’t. Like people above mentioned… YOUTUBE is your friend. I usually watch 1AAuto or TRQ videos. They even list the tools you’ll need. If you e got air tools it’s a LOT EASIER, but manageable with hand tools unless your rusted into oblivion. Prior to my Yuk I had never done a shock. I was……. Shocked at how easy it was, yes the front was a little more involved than the rear but, I still got it done and saved about $1000 from what the dealer wanted for just the fronts, Arnott in front and rear. Brakes, for me it’s ease of part access. Duralast gold from AutoZone have a lifetime warranty. I’ve replaced the pads for free already. Good luck and there’s plenty of help available here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bolter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! We need some additional information: Does your truck have the Magneride (Z95) suspension package? If so, rock auto is the best place to buy replacements: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8928124&cc=3438504&pt=7556&jsn=510

For brakes, I'm a fan of the Powerstop Z23 rotors and ceramic pads.
I'm pretty sure the OEM parts are with Magneride, but haven't confirmed with the RPO code yet. I think I'll stick with that to keep the original suspension feel.

@Big Mama , thanks for the starter list. Yes, I hit YouTube early and often on these types of jobs!

Here's a pic, for those interested.
IMG_0444-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369