Newbie with a question on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbhva

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a newbie here and just about set to pull the trigger on a new '10 Denali. I can't decide whether to go with the truck that has the standard 20's or the truck with the 22's (GM O.E.). The truck will be a daily driver in all weather (winter in Wisconsin) and will do some off road on hunting trips out West (WY) and Up North in Wisconsin.

I really like the look of the truck on the bigger wheels, but are the 22's strong enough for off road?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

GoGetta24781

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Steve... dont let the 22's scare you! There will be plenty of rubber there to suit your driving. Im in NW IL so I have the same weather up here. I know how bad the winters can be! haha. My $.02 is if you are throwing all your pennies in a pile on a brand new truck, get what you want. :cheers:

The 22's will be just fine, and look ALOT better!

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
they'll do fine in the snow and "slightly" off the beaten path but the 22's with less sidewall may stiffen up the ride some. My father in law had the stock 22's on his 09 Escalade and said he'd never get them again because of the harsh ride compared to the 20's he had on his previous Yukon Xl 3/4 ton. I do agree that the 22's look nice though.

mikeumkc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you are going to go offroad, then i would stick with the 20's. 20's still look great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts