NNBS Denali wheel swap, questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comerz1

Reaction score
Just got my NNBS Denali wheels in with tires. Guess they were take offs. Can you guys give me an idea of what I SHOULD have paid for these?

Also, will the TPMS in the new wheels work with my rig or will I need to swap them out of my old wheels? Addtionally, the chrome looks to be flaking off of these things on the back side. Is this common? If so is there a cure?

Thanks

Will post pics when I can

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say $1200 or less...

Need to swap tire sensors--07 up are not compatible with NBS

It can happen-live with it--buy new rims down the road ;) That is my plan anyways.....

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome peeling is the start of a never ending chemical reaction. It is common to see that.

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
Yay not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate the input. So on the chrome peeling, once it starts it won't stop? I only see it on one of the wheels, is there a chance it won't start on the others?

If 1200 is accurate, I paid WAY too much for these. I am discussing the condition and price with the place I bought them as I wasn't able to inspect prior to purchase. Not a happy camper, but dang I like the look of these on the NBS yukon.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Any chance there is a decent aftermarket alternative that looks very similar?

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
I looked into the replicas, but someone posted it's best to stay away from most of them and I could never find anyone to say which manufacturer was better than the next, etc.

These may be going back to my supplier, this is one advantage of being a business and dealing with someone on a regular basis. They won't risk losing all of my business over one deal.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

any personal experience with these guys? They have a good price on the 5304 wheel. Read somewhere it was best to stick with the OEM GM wheel. Maybe I was misinformed!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Replicas do have problems.

Sometimes.

Not always.

It is better to get real OEM wheels because they are made to a stricter standard........ and are usually high pressure cast.

With all that said........ replicas have a warranty. If you go through a reliable place like Factory Reproductions you should be fine .

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

A new replica set is better than OEM set that is peeling imo

I am sorry if you felt like I said something wrong.

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
No sir, nothing wrong at all. I read previous post I linked to as "GM is usually a safer bet".

That "sometimes" is what scares me, because if there COULD be a problem, then when I buy it there WILL be a problem, almost every time. I am in the aftermarket world every day in my business, and if there is a part misboxed, damaged, missing pieces, etc it WILL end up in my shop. Now, I realize this is subjective, but it is a rare occasion I purchase a part and everything goes as advertised. Too many times I have to make it fit, trim, cut, modify, etc. I guess we have come to expect this level of quality, but there was a time not too many years ago that receiving anything you paid for in this condition would have been unacceptable.

I appreciate the follow up on Factory Reproductions. I realized there were many vendors out there. Not sure if they are the same but usually I find no matter who you buy parts from there is usually only one, maybe two, actual manufacturers for any given part. So problems with product from vendor A is just as likely as problems with part from vendor B. At least I have a back up plan should this deal not work out.

I did further inspect the rest of the wheels, only one has the peeling going on. The other 3 are good. But they are not as advertised to me prior to them being shipped to me, so if they won't give a little on the price to make me feel better about the deal, then they will get them all back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320