no a/c???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

art442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys I just bought a 97 2door tahoe lt . It has a couple of issus I am trying to figure out. First is the rough idle and I have a code of p1345. What is the right way to check the timing?
Seccond. There is no a/c at the controls the light is lit but all I have is the high speed. I check the fuses and they are good. I swapped the a/c relay and this Is good. I check for freon and it was low so I tried jumping out the low pressure switch so i can add freon but the clutch did not kick in. So my question is where do I start looking??????

OP
OP
A

art442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the cam retard was -18* and got it adjusted to 0*.the truck runs smoother but still nice gonna do a full tune up. The a/c had pressure in both low and high side but the clutch still wouldn't kick in . Use a power probe and power the clutch and it kicks on. But the pressure doesn't change after a minute of the clutch engaged. I'm thinking now it might be the controls or the compressor

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you have the same pressure (more then zero i hope)on both sides of the compressor and you KNOW FOR SURE the compressor shaft is turning and not just the pulley and there is absolutely no change in either direction on the gauges then your compressor has taken a serious mechanical dump.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an option, more then likely though the orifice tube/expansion valve is missing or bad.

OP
OP
A

art442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm gonna have it reclaimed and vac to see if there is any blockage. Is there a way to check oriface tube. Before I have it reclaimed

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really, it's a small lil plastic tube with a screen on it.

OP
OP
A

art442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What about the controls? I have pressure in both high and low side but won't kick the clutch in. I also jump d out the low pressure switch and still the clutch won't kick in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48