No forward gears, but revers works after loud clunk at nearly WOT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hey folks, been busy lately and not much time for my favorite forum. I’ve been maintaining my ‘03 and trying to keep her healthy. So I just had a mishap. Taking off from a stop, probably 70-80% throttle, and I’m not sure if it was on the shift from 1-2, but believe so. Loud clunk, and now I have only reverse. Manually shifting into gears also doesn’t change this. Fluid is full, and still a little red. She’s due for a change. I have the Performabuilt level 3 transmission, and certainly didn’t expect to have a failure without some significantly higher horsepower. I have terrible internet right now, so doing a quick search I didn’t find a match to this issue but may have missed it. Apologies if so.
That sucks man I thought performabuilt were some good transmissions too I still haven’t tackled pulling mine yet I’ve been dreading it to be honest. Apparently my pinion angle was off due to the lift on my Silverado which caused my tail shaft housing and part of the transmission to explode on me and Ammco won’t warranty it due to the modifications on the truck which sucks because that’s the whole reason I went with them was because of that warranty… hopefully you can get it straightened out sorry for the bad luck buddy
I hit 80mph or so in mine on the highway otw home and felt a bad vibration when I let off the gas it just grenaded IMG_9752.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
901happy