No Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwetzel78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all...I have an 07 4x4 Yukon. My engine light came on and the code was showing for an Oil Sending unit. I had this replaced. When I drove the truck home, a warning light came on for Low Oil Pressure. The truck was reading 0. The shop changed out the Sending Unit again thinking it was a bad part. The truck is getting around 40 on the gauge until the engine is warm then it bottoms out again. They are now replacing 2 gaskets and the oil pump. If this is not wrong, I do not know what else to check? Has anyone had this same issue? Thanks

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Low tension piston rings I bet I was being taught about this the other day it's also why the 5.3 burns oil

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage? Any previous issues with consumption? Have you or the shop verified oil pressure cold/warm with a manual gauge so you can take the sending unit out of the equation?

OP
OP
J

jwetzel78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 with 107000 miles. I noticed that we would have low oil during long trips. I do on occasion have to put oil in it. I have always used synthetic oil if it matters?? Yes the shop.verified the pressure gauge mechanically. They figures if was the gauge but it wasn't.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the true pressure then what they are doing now is a prayer. Hopefully it's answered, if not you are looking at a rebuild or take out because your bearings are gone.