Noise when opening door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueHoe02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This may be on here already but I cant find the solution. We just picked up a 2008 Yukon Denali and when opening and closing the drivers door it makes a clunking or popping sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jasonconway5

Reaction score
I just posted about this last week on my 2000 hoe. The term for the part you want is "door check strap" about $50 each from parts stores, $30 on ebay.

wfburton159

Reaction score
Grease it up first. If you have any grease its free. My used 2007 did it really bad and my 69 Camaro uses almost the same setup. Grease solved both of the cars noise issues.

OP
OP
BlueHoe02

BlueHoe02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looked at it again and come to find out its a roller. Sprayed some lubricant and worked it back and forth. Seems to be ok for now, going to spray some white lithium grease when I can pick up a can. Thanks for the input!

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at it again and come to find out its a roller. Sprayed some lubricant and worked it back and forth. Seems to be ok for now, going to spray some white lithium grease when I can pick up a can. Thanks for the input!

I have to grease my drivers door every few months. Tried white lith grease but it didn't last. Pulled out some high temp synthetic wheel bearing grease and tried that- worked like a charm. Just can't spray it on like the white lith in a spray can.

OP
OP
BlueHoe02

BlueHoe02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to grease my drivers door every few months. Tried white lith grease but it didn't last. Pulled out some high temp synthetic wheel bearing grease and tried that- worked like a charm. Just can't spray it on like the white lith in a spray can.
Ill keep that in mind, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells