Noob from the southern NC Coast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coveman

Reaction score
Yep 4+2 for nuke training and as far as I can tell retention and manning is a still a problem. I did a tiger cruise with my son and yep, not for me! The crew, however, was really top notch. Full props to our silent service bubbas!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yep 4+2 for nuke training and as far as I can tell retention and manning is a still a problem. I did a tiger cruise with my son and yep, not for me! The crew, however, was really top notch. Full props to our silent service bubbas!
I was just the opposite. At 6'4" there was never a consideration of being on a sub. Too tall. I went 180 degrees the opposite way and was on the aircraft carrier Kitty Hawk CV-63. Lots of noise generated there. The most fascinating thing I ever saw and still is to this day, is flight ops on the carrier deck. Launching jets on the foredeck and recovering jets on the angle deck, at the same time. I would still be using one word to describe if asked, just WOW!

waveryd

Reaction score
Good morning y-all !!! Glad to have found this forum already been looking into it..
I'm RANDOM 1. North Carolina born and raised... I live in a little town called Swansboro in Onslow County. I am Navy submarine veteran , got out in 2002 , married wih 4 tax deductions..uhmm ..I mean 4 kids ..at home ... I drive a ' 13 Yukon SLT that.needs the obvious things like door panels, dash pad..tires..lol... but over.all it is a very solid ride.. hope to meet yall soon !!
Welcome aboard! Lots of great people and good information here on this forum. Mods do a good job of keeping the bs to a minimum. Beautiful area of NC! We race every year in Morehead City and I spent some time at the lovely Camp Lejeune as a young man.
In my opinion these older trucks are well worth the time and money to keep on the road. The new ones are expensive and not exactly trouble-free. Good luck with your project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts