noob to mods needs some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denali7432

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys im tony, i need some advice, im making a switch from going from big chrome wheels and loud sound systems to compete with to performance mods, i have a 2002 yukon denali awd 6.0L, i just threw on a corsa exhaust, gibson headers, k&n air intake kit, and a 91 octane tune using a superchips hand held scanner, but i want more..lol a friend from work said my next mods should be something along the lines of heads, cam, and a real air intake kit? what do you guys think? budget just for parts is $2500

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need a little more info. What are you doing with your truck? What are your goals?

With that said cam, converter, gears, and get rid of your superchips and look into Black Bear Performance. You should be able to do at least two of them for said budget.

OP
OP
D

denali7432

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We need a little more info. What are you doing with your truck? What are your goals?

With that said cam, converter, gears, and get rid of your superchips and look into Black Bear Performance. You should be able to do at least two of them for said budget.

can you explain what you mean by at least two of them? my truck is a daily driver, about 60 miles per day back and forth to work..currently sitting on a 26'' chrome wheels that i take off in the winter time to throw my factory 17'' wheels on, lot of weight in the back, i have 3 18'' subs and a huge box, so i have alot of weight holding me back, but it still flys considering the huge tires and weight, my ultimate goal is to add a super charger, but thats years down the road, for now id like to go far as i can without having to get a built tranny. this year will be the last year i keep the chrome rims on, i will be leaving the factory 17'' wheels next year, more interested in hp and speed over flashy look at me toys..lol

Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lose the 26's and the subs if you want more speed.......as mentioned above-get a Blackbear tune. Since you already have exhaust,intake, and headers I'd say a cam. But then look into beefing up the driveline cuz it ain't gonna last....

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you explain what you mean by at least two of them?

I mean you could afford at least two of the mods with the budget you set, you might be able to do all that I stated with a little research and negotiation.

Sprayed99

Reaction score
If you want more buy a used Radix and get a real tune... your drivability will be great and you will be adding about an extra 100-120 RWHP. H/C setups are great but not something that is going to be fun to drive daily.

OP
OP
D

denali7432

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want more buy a used Radix and get a real tune... your drivability will be great and you will be adding about an extra 100-120 RWHP. H/C setups are great but not something that is going to be fun to drive daily.

if you dont mind me asking, what is a radix?

OP
OP
D

denali7432

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
s/c is a bit out of my budget at the moment..lol i guess my next question is, can you guys point me in the right direction somewhere online to pick up some heads and cams? so far i have bought all my minor mods from autoanything but they dont have any major upgrades of which i am searching for, black bear tune is simple find i will just send them a few emails, vette servo i found, also, what do you suggest to " beef " up the drive line? again all my life i been a car audio and video guy,this is my first time doing power mods, so please "bear" with me..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby