Normal for the oil fill nozzle to move?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to check my oil level before a weekend road trip and always check to make sure all the caps are tight and not missing. Upon checking the oil fill cap I noticed the whole nozzle rotated. Is this normal? It just feels loose to me and shouldn't be so easily turned in my opinion. I included a short video below.
Thanks,

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that shouldn't do that maybe whoever changed oil broke extension or extension is not turned completely into valve cover. Be careful that if broken part of extension inside doesn't come off inside of valve cover.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are typically just an extension that goes into the valve cover like the fill cap does. for vehicles with more mileage it would likely be age on a 2021 it is more likely a problem albeit minor problem. extension nozzle is cracked as stated above. the plastic can get worn causing it to become loose but less likely on a newer vehicle. there's usually a spacer/seal ring if someone accidentally removed the extension and the that ring fell off it would cause it to be loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyMalibu04

Latest posts