Not a Borla fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielinguam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently added Borla touring system to new 2024 5.3 Tahoe z71 - big mistake- gas mileage has declined- and noise level way higher than expected- had added K&N air filter some time before adding Borla - everything ran well - but adding the Borla threw everything into tailspin- Can’t say Borla has been any help - thinking of adding resonators to system but don’t know if that will be of help - anyone out there been down similar road - really like my Tahoe but Borla changed everything
I added a dual Corsa cat back exhaust to my 23 Tahoe. The slight increase in noise only when I Rev high was exactly what I wanted. Slight decrease in mileage as I use sport mode and more throttle now. I had to change the rear lower bumper cover to a 24 High Country to fit the dual tips through. I now have great sound when I want and looks great! I too figure this be my last vehicle so this was a great add. You might want to think about changing the system if your not happy.

OP
OP
O

Oldmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I added a dual Corsa cat back exhaust to my 23 Tahoe. The slight increase in noise only when I Rev high was exactly what I wanted. Slight decrease in mileage as I use sport mode and more throttle now. I had to change the rear lower bumper cover to a 24 High Country to fit the dual tips through. I now have great sound when I want and looks great! I too figure this be my last vehicle so this was a great add. You might want to think about changing the system if you’re not happy.

OP
OP
O

Oldmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate your input - you would think at 76 I would have learned to leave well enough alone - I really liked the Tahoe until I started tinkering with it - everyone tells me my gas mileage loss is a heavy foot- can assure you that is not the case - going to stop pouring money down the hole and just live with my self created mess - thanks everyone

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your input - you would think at 76 I would have learned to leave well enough alone - I really liked the Tahoe until I started tinkering with it - everyone tells me my gas mileage loss is a heavy foot- can assure you that is not the case - going to stop pouring money down the hole and just live with my self created mess - thanks everyone
the big pedal is by far the biggest mpg denominator, regardless. this goes for any gas powered vehicle. the more you push the more it drinks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ And, if you are hearing the 'new sound' with any frequency (and if you aren't, then you truly wasted your money on the exhaust system), then you are using more foot on the gas pedal, resulting in lower MPG. Action =====>>>>> Reaction

BacDoc

Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ And, if you are hearing the 'new sound' with any frequency (and if you aren't, then you truly wasted your money on the exhaust system), then you are using more foot on the gas pedal, resulting in lower MPG. Action =====>>>>> Reaction
Exactly! When it sounds better you are more likely to hit that throttle!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Throw a x pipe on there if it’s true duels
Or throw a resonator on there to help tone it down l.
I’ve only got resonators on my Tahoe… Longtubes no cats x pipe true duels to duel corsa pro resonators and axle dumped 7” tips and it sounds wicked but I’m thinking about putting some spintech mufflers on it to change the sound some more so it sounds more like a Camaro or corvette would..

Nighthawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get yourself an electric cutout and put stock stuff back on. Then you can open wide or tune it somewhere in between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Gumbo