OEM Backup Camera Rear View Mirror Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason78

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the OEM backup camera and rear view mirror monitor combo? I found someone selling the Onstar/Video Monotor mirrors and soemone else selling the OEM cameras. The guy selling the mirrors claims that newer LT or LTZ Tahoe/Suburbans are pre-wired for everything making it almost plug and play. Although that would make life so much easier, something is telling me GM did not do us the favor of adding those wires.

Aside from removing the liftgate trim panel and searching for the camera plug, can anyone confirm wether or not the wiring is already there from the liftgate to the console for the camera and the mirror harness to the console for those connections. I suppose a reverse activation switch would also need to be added.

I asked this question a while back and I think the answer was no but not sure if there is a difference on the newer models of NNBS.

Thanks

2006gmcdmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just completed an all OEM rear view camera install on my wife's 2011 Tahoe. It's far from prewired but it's an easier install than one would think. I bought a OEM Mirror from a guy on Ebay and I bought the rest of what's needed from the dealership. You'll need the GM accessories part# 19170348 rear vision camera kit for dealer installed navigation. The guy on Ebay goes by copper_z71 and he will provide not only the mirror but, a sheilded cable that you'll need to extend the wiring from that would normally go into the NAV unit and make it so you can connect it into the rear veiw mirror itself! I just finished mine yesterday and it works perfect!

2399406.jpg

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
How much did the rear vision kit cost and how difficult/long is the install?

Sent from your boss's iPhone using Tapatalk

2006gmcdmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the inside rear view mirror for $200.00 and the GM rear camera kit was $249.00 with my GM employee discount. So for $450.00 approx. I think I did OK! As far as the install - It was definately a long process. All and all, it took about 10 hrs from start to finish, but I'm pretty particular about how I do things.

simsd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just completed an all OEM rear view camera install on my wife's 2011 Tahoe. It's far from prewired but it's an easier install than one would think. I bought a OEM Mirror from a guy on Ebay and I bought the rest of what's needed from the dealership. You'll need the GM accessories part# 19170348 rear vision camera kit for dealer installed navigation. The guy on Ebay goes by copper_z71 and he will provide not only the mirror but, a sheilded cable that you'll need to extend the wiring from that would normally go into the NAV unit and make it so you can connect it into the rear veiw mirror itself! I just finished mine yesterday and it works perfect!

View attachment 13264
Do you know the wires that I could tap into to pull the camera video from my factory rearview mirror w/camera to my after market head unit?

adcmobile

Reaction score
Do you know the wires that I could tap into to pull the camera video from my factory rearview mirror w/camera to my after market head unit?

The video positive is the white wire in Pin 6 at the mirror and video negative is the blue in Pin 7.

Cut the end of an RCA cable off and connect the center conductor to the white and the shield to the blue...

05MesquiteTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a newbee here, this is my first post. Thanks in advance for your reply. Just bought my Tahoe.
Would this work on an 05 Tahoe LT with factory nav and onstar? Also, I'd like to add bluetooth to stream music and phone through the speakers, any options out there for that?

bellodan19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to install a rear backup camera and a new navigation but I need the wire to run from camera to navi since I am removing a regular cd player I don’t know if the wiring is there or if I need to buy the wiring for this camera. If I need the wiring which is it so I can buy it.