OEM Nav Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boysen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there new to the forum. I bought off of someone here on the forum a Nav GM Part Number 15882766. Got the Nav antenna and the disk had it all installed took it to the gm dealer in my area for them to unlock with the Tech 2 and it would fail.:emotions122:

Did I get the wrong Nav for my 2007 Yukon Denali? I have the codes UQA and Y91 in the glove box.

If I did get the wrong one it is up for sale. I paid 450 for it and got the disk for 50 so all will go for 500 plus shipping!

Any help would be good!

Thanks Brad

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's two kinds of factory nav. One that plays DVD's and one that doesn't. If you have RSE (rear seat entertainment), you have to install the one that does play DVD's. If you don't have it then you have to get the one that does NOT play DVD's. You can identify the two different ones bc the one that does play DVD's will have a little white DVD symbol in the bottom left corner of your factory nav screen.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
There's two kinds of factory nav. One that plays DVD's and one that doesn't. If you have RSE (rear seat entertainment), you have to install the one that does play DVD's. If you don't have it then you have to get the one that does NOT play DVD's. You can identify the two different ones bc the one that does play DVD's will have a little white DVD symbol in the bottom left corner of your factory nav screen.

I'm not sure about this Felix...I don't have RSE and I put a nav that has DVD/RSE in and it works fine. I think you can put which ever Nav you want in there based on if you have bose or dont have bose, RSE or not it doesnt matter

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
You will need the vss kit regardless of what you have kon/tahoe...the kon uses the black and red wires on the brown connector, which I don't know where they go or what they do. You will have to ask someone that has made the swap in their kon.
You may try a different dealership to program your nav, or get the same one to redo it. Even without the VSS kit it should work, i.e. radio, dvd, etc...i think the guy programming it doesnt know what he is doing, but I guess there is a possibility that yours is broke...

OP
OP
B

Boysen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think the guy programming it doesnt know what he is doing...
I think that you hit the nail right on the head with that one. I have read before just do not remember where that you can install the head unit put the key in ACC and then disconnect the batt for 5 sec and then reconect the batt and it will let you use the head unit as long as the key stays in the acc. I do not know if this is true.

I can try a different dealership but just dont want to be out any more money if this head unit is bad!

Thanks for all the help!

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there new to the forum. I bought off of someone here on the forum a Nav GM Part Number 15882766. Got the Nav antenna and the disk had it all installed took it to the gm dealer in my area for them to unlock with the Tech 2 and it would fail.:emotions122:

Did I get the wrong Nav for my 2007 Yukon Denali? I have the codes UQA and Y91 in the glove box.

If I did get the wrong one it is up for sale. I paid 450 for it and got the disk for 50 so all will go for 500 plus shipping!

Any help would be good!

Thanks Brad

Y91? Is that not the premium amp? Is there a different part number for the unit compatible with this? Maybe someone can clarify this? Hmm.... :think:

I'm not sure about this Felix...I don't have RSE and I put a nav that has DVD/RSE in and it works fine. I think you can put which ever Nav you want in there based on if you have bose or dont have bose, RSE or not it doesnt matter

You can put either system in a vehicle without RSE. Obviously, you cannot do the opposite as the DVD player would essentially become useless without a DVD capable navigation unit.

Do I need to get the VSS Kit for my Kon? I do not know if that would make a difference or not?

Yes, you need a VSS kit like the one HERE. Ryan explained a little bit about this, and I can explain more if you need me to. Basically, you run the wires from the back of the navigation unit down to the wiring box under the dash, next to the left kick panel, by the emergency brake pedal.

I think that you hit the nail right on the head with that one. I have read before just do not remember where that you can install the head unit put the key in ACC and then disconnect the batt for 5 sec and then reconect the batt and it will let you use the head unit as long as the key stays in the acc. I do not know if this is true.

I am pretty sure that this is true. I cannot point to any source that clarifies this, but I have heard this too. It is a way of making sure the system you have is actually working before taking it to the dealer. Either way, unless you have a bad/non-working system, then maybe the guy programming it just does not have a clue. :Boo: It doesn't hurt to ask someone else :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really? I was told something different (and wrong too!)... I was under the assumption you had to put the corresponding one in because when I bought mine I was asked if I had RSE or not because it would only work with one's with RSE... this news is good news for people upgrading from non-nav vehicles :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

You will need the vss kit regardless of what you have kon/tahoe...the kon uses the black and red wires on the brown connector, which I don't know where they go or what they do. You will have to ask someone that has made the swap in their kon.
You may try a different dealership to program your nav, or get the same one to redo it. Even without the VSS kit it should work, i.e. radio, dvd, etc...i think the guy programming it doesnt know what he is doing, but I guess there is a possibility that yours is broke...

My Avalanche LTZ had bose/RSE but not nav so I upgraded. I had the VSS kit pre-installed from the factory in my vehicle though... I -thought- I had to buy it but when I did a little digging I found out that I already had it.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Really? I was told something different (and wrong too!)... I was under the assumption you had to put the corresponding one in because when I bought mine I was asked if I had RSE or not because it would only work with one's with RSE... this news is good news for people upgrading from non-nav vehicles :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

My Avalanche LTZ had bose/RSE but not nav so I upgraded. I had the VSS kit pre-installed from the factory in my vehicle though... I -thought- I had to buy it but when I did a little digging I found out that I already had it.

Where did you find the vss harness already in your tahoe? Was it visible or did you actually have to feel around for it?

Sent from your boss's iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells