oh somebody help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olforrester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i recently had a clutch put in, but wait let me back up 93 yukon 5spd bought from a guy that let it sit for a while only 119k on it. ok so i get it back from mechanic and it felt like it was lacking power took it back and he found the intake manifold leaking and the radiator. yea yea one thing after another. now it feels like its starving for fuel or something its lacking power on take off and acts like it wants to stall when you let out on clutch. i did notice tonite that the exhaust manifolds where cherry hot. i bought a cap rotor button plugs and fuel filtr to do tommorrow anyone got any ideas.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without knowing what has been done, a wild guess is that the timing is way retarded. Maybe the distributor is off a tooth or so from replacing the manifold gaskets.

Exhaust manifolds get hot when the spark is late and it finishes burning in the manifold instead of the cylinder.

That would also explain a big lack of power.......... :)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Without knowing what has been done, a wild guess is that the timing is way retarded. Maybe the distributor is off a tooth or so from replacing the manifold gaskets.

Exhaust manifolds get hot when the spark is late and it finishes burning in the manifold instead of the cylinder.

That would also explain a big lack of power.......... :)

this guy knows what hes talking about..... :Handshake: lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou