Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change every 5,000 miles, use Mobile One synthetic and a A/C Delco PF-48 filter. The ONLY thing the K/N filter gives you is a lighter wallet.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change every 5,000 miles, use Mobile One synthetic and a A/C Delco PF-48 filter. The ONLY thing the K/N filter gives you is a lighter wallet.

You underestimate the value of the nut on the end. ;)

I have also used NAPA Gold on occasion as they are really Wix filters. I may just run those in the Tahoe since they are easily available.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You underestimate the value of the nut on the end. ;)

I have also used NAPA Gold on occasion as they are really Wix filters. I may just run those in the Tahoe since they are easily available.

I cannot argue with that. I have always liked that about them. I looked in to them at first, but wow are they pricey. If I did use a K&N I would have to run the oil longer just due to expense.

Honestly, I think there is a nut at the end of every filter:)

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot argue with that. I have always liked that about them. I looked in to them at first, but wow are they pricey. If I did use a K&N I would have to run the oil longer just due to expense.

Honestly, I think there is a nut at the end of every filter:)

LOL! So true. Oil and filters is like religion and politics!

Yeah they are pricey. According to the oil filter study they are essentially the same filter as a Mobil1 except with the nut. I ran them in my truck due to filter positioning as it was hard to get any other type of wrench around it. When I saw where the filter was on the Tahoe I thought it would be another perfect application for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian