Oil consumption tests done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this vehicles have an indicator to tell you when you’re a quart low on oil?

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Does this vehicles have an indicator to tell you when you’re a quart low on oil?

on the dip stick. has notches on it. Other than that, the Dic will display low oil message, Never got that low on mine though.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the dip stick. has notches on it. Other than that, the Dic will display low oil message, Never got that low on mine though.

LOL.... Yea, I know that dip stick has notches on it. Just wondering about the DIC, I guess.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup DIC will show LOW ENGINE OIL ADD OIL. Have gotten that message three times at about 40ish percentage oil life remaining.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
dunno. have a appointment tomorrow to have it done

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I hope you have more success than I do with these repairs. I have loved the engine oil consumption, received the cleaning, and the repairs for the cost iron block which include a new valve cover. All were covered under warranty. Now, I fear my engine may have just failed on me. I'm 1,100 miles from home, holed up in a Holiday Inn, while my truck sits at a dealership up the road. The Low Engine Oil message would still appear on my DIC after these repairs with the oil life near 50%. I use wix oil filters and valvoline 5w30 max life oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo