Oil Gauge Reading 80 PSI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChazMan

ChazMan

Reaction score
Not yet. Probably won't get to it til next week at the earliest.

No hurry...
But when you do, please take some pics and post here. I just can't find where it is nor what it takes to replace one.
Thanks!

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Well it's fixed. No pics since we were losing daylight fast but there wasn't anything to take pics of really. It was pretty much a pain, but all in all it wasn't too bad and didn't really take all that long. I basically had to sit/lay/stand on the radiator support the entire time to get to the sending unit. We used a 27mm deepwell socket, several different extentions and a swivel to get the little bastard out. I looked from every angle but could never see it, so it was all done by touch (and luck).

OP
OP
ChazMan

ChazMan

Reaction score
We used a 27mm deepwell socket

That's a good tip!

So, which side of the engine block is the oil pressure switch located as you are sitting on the driver seat, left or right?

Last edited:

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It's almost centered on the top of the back of the block but slighty more on the driver's side if that makes sense. If you have a light and a small mirror you should be able to find it, then just unhook the wire and switch them out. Like I said, we pretty much did it blindly but the mirror did come in really handy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100