Oil leak! help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe803

Reaction score
on my 2007 tahoe ive noticed every time i check the oil level it seems a little low. the past two times ive changed the oil ive noticed there is a small oil leak. i have no idea where its coming from but it drips off the front differential. its not enough to leave marks on the driveway but there is definitely a drip. is this a known issue? and where could it possibly be leaking from? the truck has 102k miles on it.

thanks for any info.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't see any type of trail from the front cover or coming down from the valve cover? How do you know it's dripping on the diff and not just coming from the diff in the first place?

OP
OP
Tahoe803

Tahoe803

Reaction score
i'll have to look around again. i've only seen it from under the truck. its definitely oil though not diff fluid. one time i saw it dripping from one of the pulleys when i was under there putting on the lift kit. does anyone know how to read the dip stick on these? my other vehicle is labled with low and high. this disptick just has holes. is each hole count as a court?