Oil pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just did an AFM / VVT delete on mine and was going back and forth with Michigan Motorsports who absolutely advised getting a lower pressure pump than what I had there out of factory. My pressure, when warm after driving can go down to 18 and usually hovers at 18-22 when warm.

Basically, if you're not doing any performance upgrades, don't waste your time on any high volume pumps they are pointless.

It could be a number of issues but if you're not experiencing vibrations, shakes, misfires, no check engine lights then I wouldn't even stress this. Those sensors on the back valley cover are notorious for going out and are a pain to get to.

Do you know if your engine, when getting an AFM delete, if the little screen under the sensor was removed? Also do you know if your oil pan has the plug installed in place?

If you never had AFM, do you have VVT? I know the early 07+ variants had either or before they went to both like my 2011.

How often do you change your oil? Do you use quality synthetic? What viscosity are you running? Have you tried changing your oil and seeing if your pressure changes?

that's interesting they told you to change to a lower volume pump after the afm delete? the interview I was listening to, millings suggested keeping the oem level pump on it even after deleting.

probably doesn't matter. Just thought that was interesting.

R467X

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that's interesting they told you to change to a lower volume pump after the afm delete? the interview I was listening to, millings suggested keeping the oem level pump on it even after deleting.

probably doesn't matter. Just thought that was interesting.
Yeah, I wasn't going to argue, figured those guys are subject matter experts.I haven't had a single issue.

I also deleted VVT so maybe that's why.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't going to argue, figured those guys are subject matter experts.I haven't had a single issue.

I also deleted VVT so maybe that's why.

that could definitely help. the same interview mentioned the vvt can use more oil than the afm lifters. they don't seem to need a lot of volume to release. guess the vvt is always moving around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytahoeat409

Latest posts