OK to upgrade Bose speakers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised these higher trim levels don’t have better audio. $100k for a Yukon XL SLT and the sound system is ok. Much prefer the B&O Unleashed in my F150 Lariat. Not the end of the world but kind of bizarre. Aside from looking amazing, I do find the interior of the SLT to be “ok”.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I suppose that’s the difference between the two systems being discussed here. I have the basic 9 speaker Bose which apparently wasn’t given the infamous ANC possibly because the Z71 “off-road” package.
the "standard" bose in my 18 was garbage, I had to replace all of the speakers, put a adapter in behind the radio to bypass the amp and used 2 JL audio amps, sound 100x better now. I know it's a different gen I but I can't see gm getting "better" they like to pinch penny's

SavageDad

Reaction score
Are you running the Pioneer corner dash speakers with or without the included crossover?

I went with Kicker KSC270 dash speakers based on reviews, specifications, and thinking Pioneer's might be too bright. Unfortunately the Kickers don't work with the included crossover....only works without them. Spoke with Crutchfield tech and thinks Bose system sees a change in resistance with the crossovers and therefore won't send power. IMO, they still sound better than the OEM Bose speakers.

Installing JBL stadium 6x9 and 6.5 door speakers this weekend.

Any updates since the install?

OP
OP
K

kerlyb

Reaction score
Any updates since the install?
Kicker dash speakers work fine w/o the bass blocker capacitors and IMO sound dramatically improved compared to stock. I learned my 10 speaker Bose system already has built in active crossovers...no low frequencies to the Kicker speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redgedsledge