Onebad1983's 2005 Yukon 2WD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Get yourself some Chemical guys citrus fabric clean! It works wonders on stains and odors! And as long as you follow up with (of course CG leather conditioner!) you can use the fabric clean properly diluted, to scrub and clean up the leather. Works really well to scrub leather! On the sunshade you might want to find a replacement. From the experience I have of cleaning headliners, it’s incredibly easy for the glue that attaches the cloth to disintegrate and release the cloth from the headliner. And from that picture it looks like the adhesive is already given up for most of the cloth.
The edges of the headliner are held in with thumbtacks :anitoof:

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
What color is your old hoe's interior? If it's in better shape, have you thought about swapping EVERYTHING over?
Can't swap the seats over. Interior is the same way but these are 12-way adjustable and heated and the ones in my tahoe aren't. Also the headliner in the hoe was also starting to come down in the front. Maybe that was from riding with the windows down so much though...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Can't swap the seats over. Interior is the same way but these are 12-way adjustable and heated and the ones in my tahoe aren't. Also the headliner in the hoe was also starting to come down in the front. Maybe that was from riding with the windows down so much though...
You can swap those seats over--just gotta pull the interior harness for the swap too. Everything should be plug n play, or there might even be empty plugs for those options in your existing harnesses. Not sure on that one tho as I've never stripped one of these down before.
Also--riding with the windows down all the time, especially on the highway at speeds, will cause your headliner to eventually start to fall--plus--it gets dirty, mostly in the upper corner where it meets the door glass. That's from all the dirty constantly being blown in the same spot. Take a look, I bet it's dirty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
You can swap those seats over--just gotta pull the interior harness for the swap too. Everything should be plug n play, or there might even be empty plugs for those options in your existing harnesses. Not sure on that one tho as I've never stripped one of these down before.
Also--riding with the windows down all the time, especially on the highway at speeds, will cause your headliner to eventually start to fall--plus--it gets dirty, mostly in the upper corner where it meets the door glass. That's from all the dirty constantly being blown in the same spot. Take a look, I bet it's dirty.
I don't drive with the windows down on the interstate but I'm running anywhere from 55-65 for about 8 minutes going to work like 5 days a week

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Finally got some pictures of how she sits now. I took the wheels off the Tahoe and put them on the Yukon. I'm surprised but honestly I like how they look on the Yukon better than they looked on the Tahoe!
IMG_2708.jpg IMG_2709.jpg IMG_2710.jpg
Also I got some new black exhaust tips coming to replace the ones that are on it now that are rusted through. Made sure they're stainless this time!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some pictures of how she sits now. I took the wheels off the Tahoe and put them on the Yukon. I'm surprised but honestly I like how they look on the Yukon better than they looked on the Tahoe!
View attachment 239924 View attachment 239925 View attachment 239926
Also I got some new black exhaust tips coming to replace the ones that are on it now that are rusted through. Made sure they're stainless this time!
I agree those wheel do look way better on the Yukon! Nice tough lookin. Ride! Awesome job on the wheels! Do you get any rubbing?
Also good looking lighting!

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
I agree those wheel do look way better on the Yukon! Nice tough lookin. Ride! Awesome job on the wheels! Do you get any rubbing?
Also good looking lighting!
Very little believe it or not. Only at full lock when going up an incline and I was looking and all it needs to clear is to trim the inner fender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06YukonDenaliXL