Onstar Discount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked my agent about this Monday and he said its kind of a catch 22 they collect the data and if u drive over 7500 miles per. yr insurance rates could go up. I'm not sure about the price diff between onstar sub and increased rates. Could be a wash.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked my agent about this Monday and he said its kind of a catch 22 they collect the data and if u drive over 7500 miles per. yr insurance rates could go up. I'm not sure about the price diff between onstar sub and increased rates. Could be a wash.

My rates are based off of 12k miles per year as is, so they wouldn't adjust. Yes they upload the data to State Farm so they can track your driving habits. If you speed a lot and rack up a lot of miles, this isn't for you. But for the $15-20/month savings for having onstar, it's worth it.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will just see that mine sits in the garage...

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
One of the added benefits of having OnStar is the NSA knows where your vehicle is all the time, so if a government ***** wants you to go ****! for instance, well, you just may go ****!. :evillol:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the added benefits of having OnStar is the NSA knows where your vehicle is all the time, so if a government ***** wants you to go ****! for instance, well, you just may go ****!. :evillol:

I don't have any problem with anyone seeing anything I do. :shrug:

I dont do anything wrong.. so there's nothing to worry about.