Onstar navigation???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I connected to my navigational advisor thru onstar today to get directions. She told me that onstar wasnt able to download the directions to my touch screen in my yukon because that is just the vehicles navigation and onstar isnt connected to that. That doesnt sound right to me. Seems to me like they would be able to do that. Wanted to see if somebody on here could clarify this for me, please....

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct. Your indash Nav is completely separate from the Onstar nav. Onstar also uses your "minutes" if I remember correctly.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
onstar navigation is completely separate just like stevek said...hence the reason those without in dash nav can still get onstar nav

but from my experience, onstar navigation sucks!!!

multiple multiple times onstar has led me to the wrong spot...my suggestion is to cut that garbage off

Erebos

Reaction score
I supposed it is depended on the year of the vehicle. I have the 2010 and the Onstar is able to send the step by step navigation through my in-dash navigation. Like Eric has pointed out, if you do not have the in-dash nav on your car, the instructions will be sent and display on your instrument panel right on where you normally see the warning messages such as "driver door open" ,etc... You should be able to tell the Onstar advisor where to download the navigation because I have received the instructions on both the in-dash nav as well as on the instrument panel. They mostly sent it to the in-dash nav though. You my want to check with your dealer.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have seen the iPhone app come up on the dash display when my wife sends me on errands.....

oh snap....did i just lose my man card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts