Issues with fueling and low power. 09 Tahoe 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mflynn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m figuring out what is needed to be done about the fueling issue, I.e. blowing out the lines etc. thanks to other posts on the forums. However, my Tahoe is also trying to die like it is being choked out while at idle. And when I try to accelerate the rpms go up but nothing happens until I few seconds later then it goes. Would the issues associated with fueling also affect the idle and acceleration? Am I looking at a completely different issue? Also what does it mean when I get an Engione Power Reduced notification on the dash? Ty.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any codes? (Need a code reader/scanner)

One of the reasons for reduced power mode can be when your pedal position vs throttle position isn't registering what its expecting.
On your 09 model, the reduced power mode limits your throttle to 8%. On my 2012 it is limited to 6%. Dangerously slow!

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Good questions. The nozzle got turned up on the issue to wide spray with more and bigger issues.

Get to someone / somewhere who can pull some codes for you.

It’s still an unresolved engine problem until you get a DTC for trans issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Z714X4

Latest posts