Opions H2 or Z-71 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Which would you guys go with looking to see what y'all think and why? And yes I do go places where I need 4X4 and no not mudding.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with the H-2 lol , They are BEASTS but depending on how much Offroading and how extreme you are doing a z71 burb will get you there too.

The h-2 is a glorified Tahoe sits on a Tahoe frame but has a Different Drive train

6.0 and a beefy 14 bolt IIRC . The H2 is Definitly "better" built for the off road Abuse ,

My question Is why the burban? are you going to need that extra cargo room? The thing that kills the bur bans off road Abilitys is the shear wheel base its LONG

OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Family grew got another one coming. Plus dogs smallest is 67lbs got 5 dogs, plus own property in country, hunting, going to Colorado on trips. So it would either be a H2 wagon or a Z-71 suburban, the 2008 and 2009 year models H2's came with a 6.2L. But they have that single third row seat which is perfect for a pre-teen of mine fuel is not a big deal as long as I can baby it and get 15-17 hwy.

(. It can be done my 2001 play toy Tahoe has a built 6.0 with 4L80 trans 3200 stall, and 4.10 gears and I get almost 18 hwy, but I am lucky to get 10mpg city )

Oh yeah wife will be driving this unless on a trip, and yes she can drive.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My honest Opinion Go with the Burban, If your just buying it to traverse your land you own and not doing it for "fun" or Competion Get the burban even a small trip in the H-2 would be cramped IMO because they share about the same cargo space I think your still at square one with the H-2 the Burban not only can seat however many you need or want but it still has cargo room left .

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my research you will have a significant amount of cargo space with the suburban and extra seating to boot. Obviously off-road capability is better with the H2. Fuel consumption can be seen as similar. Ride quality I would imagine would be nice and comfortable in both but more so in the H2 with is larger tires. I did have a pretty detailed comparison between the two. I don't have it on my right now. I think towing capacities are quite similar. Depending in the model year like you mentioned you could end up with the 6.2l 390horse v8 and 6 speed trans or the smaller 6litre with the 4 speed auto. The wagon can have the tire mounted outside obviously allowing you to have more seating and cargo space inside the hummer. I believe the '07 and up models have the 3rd row bench foldable and removable.

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Id like to get a H-2 only because i have the Hoe.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need more room definitely go with a suburban. The H2 doesn't have much more room then a Tahoe.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For road trips, DEFINITELY a Suburban. I gladly fork up the cash for nearly twice as much gas as the wife's Altima because we are far more comfortable in my Suburban on road trips. Not to mention, you can actually use the 3rd seat AND haul luggage at the same time, unlike a Tahoe.