Order to Delivery Timeframes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeperswilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered an LT May 15, 2021 and it hasn't accepted the order to date. Its sitting at priority status but we'd have to remove the luxury package. Dealer was able to order an RST and put our name on it. No luxury package available. No heated steering wheel, no power telescoping/tilt, no power folding rear seats, no heated second row buckets, no advanced safety equipment or 360 camera, only memory for seat. Lots a person can live without. The RST has nav and rear entertainment system which we didn't order, of course it's a little more money too. Wife and I are leaning towards the RST vs waiting, who knows how long a person would have to wait. Our dealer hasn't had one for months.

d0merz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4WD Tahoe LT
Ordered Jan 25
GM accepted 2/11
Received TPW on 7/30
TPW 8/9
Produced 8/10
Has max trailering package
Has luxury package
Had to drop performance package
Assuming no wireless charging

Awaiting delivery from Arlington to Nevada.

This has been by far the worst car buying experience and it’s still not in my possession yet. was almost completely in the dark for 6 months. Dealer had terrible communication.
Noticed tremendous markups in MSRP since submitting my order in January - hoping the dealer attempts to have some ounce of integrity when we finalize the deal and sale price remains at initial quote.

Southpaw1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe HC, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat, Black wheels and badging. Ordered 3/31/21, ordered accepted 7/16/21, TPW 8/9/21, Completed 8/10/21, In transit via Rail 8/11/21, Delivery to Richmond, VA from TX TBD. Forced to omit the Air Ride Suspension, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Wireless Charging Pad. Hope to have some pics to share in the next week or so!
Well it takes a longggggg time on the train from Texas to Virginia. Arrived 8/31. But it did show up with the wireless charger despite being constrained!

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    651.9 KB · Views: 18

Michael Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After reading these I really see how lucky I got…someone ordered my new SLT Duramax in early April but got tired of waiting in early August and bailed. I was in the right time and place and took delivery when it arrived at dealer on 8/23. So around 4 months.

Cayenne Red Shorty SLT
Duramax
Premium and Rear Media packages
Max Trailering Package
Has Wireless charging and unfortunately also has auto stop/start

Keeperswilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The RST they put our name on showed up yesterday. Going in to finalize the deal today! Than just have to wait for splash guards, all weather Matt's, and 3m to be installed and we can pick it up. Dealer also got a white LT suburban in, and 2 other LT's. All without the luxury packages.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading these I really see how lucky I got…someone ordered my new SLT Duramax in early April but got tired of waiting in early August and bailed. I was in the right time and place and took delivery when it arrived at dealer on 8/23. So around 4 months.

Cayenne Red Shorty SLT
Duramax
Premium and Rear Media packages
Max Trailering Package
Has Wireless charging and unfortunately also has auto stop/start
You don’t know how valuable that Dmax is now.. I bet that any on the open market now get bumped 10k min on future availability alone….

Keeperswilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The RST they put our name on showed up yesterday. Going in to finalize the deal today! Than just have to wait for splash guards, all weather Matt's, and 3m to be installed and we can pick it up. Dealer also got a white LT suburban in, and 2 other LT's. All without the luxury packages.
Snapchat-829198506.jpg
Went and drove it, did the fit test in the garage, and the carseat tests with the kids yesterday. Signed all the paperwork and pick it up Thurs. Man these things ride amazing, I was quite surprised with the 22"s that it rode so well, but I guess it should for the price of them. Makes the 2012 acadia ride seem like you're in an old ox cart! All the other tahoes they got in had pending deals on them as well, so we're lucky we got this one.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2022 Tahoe today. The dealer told me about 10-12 weeks. Should I believe that time frame or expect it to be longer?

mattkhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
believe that time frame or expect it to be longer?
I had my 2021 order submitted in June. It got kicked back in early September and I had to resubmit as a 2022. Checked on it today with chevy live chat they said they see the order but chevy has not picked it for a build date. I went to another forum where someone who works for chevy looked it up and they said that the high country's are limited and it wont be built until March. I've lost faith. Good luck for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2006Duramax