P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigWheel89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe that starts fine then after bout 1 minute it shakes an when I go to pulling off I have to patt the gas to get up to speed an if I just hold it won’t do anything I done changed fuel pump fuel pressure regulator injectors coils plugs wires throttle body position sensor an it still dose same thing I’m going through it over here ….Drowning lend a hand

viven44

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe that starts fine then after bout 1 minute it shakes an when I go to pulling off I have to patt the gas to get up to speed an if I just hold it won’t do anything I done changed fuel pump fuel pressure regulator injectors coils plugs wires throttle body position sensor an it still dose same thing I’m going through it over here ….Drowning lend a hand
Fuel filter changed?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah! That's a lot of parts changing there! Stop throwing parts at it and do some diagnostics please.

You obviously had a misfire if the CEL is flashing. Driving it like this for prolonged periods will destroy your catalytic converters. But the cats themselves are the result of the misfire, not the underlying problem.

Hook up a scanner that has live data and misfire counts to see which cylinder is misfiring, then go from there.

It could be a wiring issue (injector or coil circuit), compression (burnt valve, broken piston ring land, etc) or even a vacuum leak. But you need to have an idea which is the cylinder that causing the issue.

If this is beyond your capabilities, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking the vehicle to a mechanic. Ask for a "diagnostics only" price. Then you can negotiate or consider if you want to do the repair or just pay for it...

Good luck.

OP
OP
B

BigWheel89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took it to a shop they had it for 8 days an told me it was the injectors i changed them started up fine then back to it shaking i’m gone try one more shop before i give up