P073

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppy95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum, I have a 2017 Tahoe and it was showing -40c (Canadian) when its 25c out, so I put a new ambient air temp sensor behind the grill, now I’m getting a constant p073 code and showing -40 with either sensor or +18 when unplugged, any ideas?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much this “reset” works. I found it on another forum. It says to hold the AC brand Recirculate button at the same time.

A side question: Does -40 and -25 C feel any different? They both sound like way too cold for this old man to be outside!! lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum, I have a 2017 Tahoe and it was showing -40c (Canadian) when its 25c out, so I put a new ambient air temp sensor behind the grill, now I’m getting a constant p073 code and showing -40 with either sensor or +18 when unplugged, any ideas?
p0073 indicates a open circuit, which means either the sensor failed entirely or there is a break in the harness
you can test the sensor with a basic meter that reads ohm's and apply heat like with a hair dryer and see if the resistance changes
it's common for the "temp" to be off IF the sensor was replaced or battery disconnected, but not the code.
once you have the code sorted out either with a new sensor or addressing the open circuit, then just go drive it 5 miles at the speed limit and the temp reading will self-correct.
but it can't if the code is still present.

here is youtube 101 on the p0073

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius

Latest posts