painted interior parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I watched an episode of Gearz on Speed TV the other day where he painted some interior parts. He cleaned it with TSP (tri-sodium phosphate) then wiped it down with grease & wax remover. I know SEM and Duplicolor make spray paint just for interior pieces.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yessir, pics are in my album. actually i was trying to find the how to on the suede door panels for someone, but i can't ever find the thread I want

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, if you decide to paint your interior, please please please don't go crazy. So many people make their interiors look so tacky when they paint them. It reminds me of people who go and buy a flame sticker and put it on their car just because they had $5 in their pocket.

agreed keep it simple i had a friend with a white truck that painted all the pop out stuff in his interior air vents dash trim ect and he went crazy and now his interior looks tacky as hell and to get all new parts is expensive.. ooks kinda like a cow or something.

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed keep it simple i had a friend with a white truck that painted all the pop out stuff in his interior air vents dash trim ect and he went crazy and now his interior looks tacky as hell and to get all new parts is expensive.. ooks kinda like a cow or something.

Funny.....I saved myself from doing JUST that. I was originally going to do white leather inserts on the door panels to match the white leather seats...welll...I got to putting everything down with the paint, got the carpet in and headliner completed. Once I started visualizing it with 75% of the pieces done side by side, I realized how effn tacky the white trim pieces and white leather dash grab handle would look.

Thank god I figured it out before I did that....god bless the imagination LOL!

B

Last edited:

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny.....I saved myself from doing JUST that. I was originally going to do white leather inserts on the door panels to match the white leather seats...welll...I got to putting everything down with the paint, got the carpet it and headliner completed. Once I started visualizing it with 75% of the pieces done side by side, I realized how effn tacky the white trim pieces and white leather dash grab handle would look.

Thank god I figured it out before I did that....god bless the imagination LOL!

B

haha i hear ya!