painted my chrome grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday i painted my chrome grill to match the body. I used plastidip as a base coat, because i knew that regular paint wont stick well to the plastic chrome. i went to autozone and got some duplicolor aerosol paint to match my paint code. used 3 coats of plastidip, 2 coats of the duplicolor, and 2 coats of clear coat. i think it came out pretty good. i havent painted it yet, but the bow tie will be painted silver.
unnamed_zpscc658a42.jpg

Last edited:

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good !! I've always liked that color blue.. My 2 cents would be painting the plastic on the top of the bumper blue and the lower valance black to match sidesteps. Either way it's a great looking tahoe.

OP
OP
austinfranze

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank yall. this piece was a trial to see how well it would look doing it the way i did. im impressed with it so far. i have it planned out to paint that top piece body matched. i think i want to body match the valence too, but im not sure about what im going to do with the running boards. i thought about painting the outside of the boards body color, but leaving the part where you step black. not sure yet.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats look really good, nice job. I painted all the chrome on my Lt, and its been holding up great for about 6 months now. I used adhesion promoter, primer, base then clear for the bumpers and the front grill.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running board idea sounds good to me prob look good too and if u don't like it u can always paint them back to black . I used plasti dip on my chrome grill n valance and they have done great for 2 winters here in maine getting hit with salt n rocks only had 1 chip but the dip is so easy to fix .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts