painted my chrome grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
austinfranze

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The running board idea sounds good to me prob look good too and if u don't like it u can always paint them back to black . I used plasti dip on my chrome grill n valance and they have done great for 2 winters here in maine getting hit with salt n rocks only had 1 chip but the dip is so easy to fix .

yeah thats what i was thinking too. hopefully using the pastidip as the base coat the duplicolor will stick well too.

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification I just didn't know if it was safe to spray over plasti dip. I want my chrome to be untouched later I can remove if I decide to. How much was the can, if I may ask. And my truck is about the same color what paint code you have?

OP
OP
austinfranze

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so far the paint is holding up fine. i just used white plastidip as a base coat. i recommend using black instead of white though. i have like $30 into painting this grill from start to finish. used 1 can of plastidip as a base, 2 8 oz cans duplicolor body match paint, and 1/2 can of clear lacquer. i dont remember what the paint code is but it is indigo blue metallic. your paint code is on the tag in the glove box.

TriniHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
but im not sure about what im going to do with the running boards. i thought about painting the outside of the boards body color, but leaving the part where you step black. not sure yet.

I did a similar paint scheme to my running boards a couple of years ago.

IMG_0346_zps326adbc5.jpg

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far the paint is holding up fine. i just used white plastidip as a base coat. i recommend using black instead of white though. i have like $30 into painting this grill from start to finish. used 1 can of plastidip as a base, 2 8 oz cans duplicolor body match paint, and 1/2 can of clear lacquer. i dont remember what the paint code is but it is indigo blue metallic. your paint code is on the tag in the glove box.

I just did mine today right after looking at this thread and it came out really good thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts