Painted my Grille... Blacked out! W/pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Lookin Damn good!

I just did the same on my black silverado. Looks 10xs better than that ugly grey.

OP
OP
rogue status hoho

rogue status hoho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you prep it by sanding it or anything? or did you just clean it up and then paint it?

I cleaned it up so there was no dust or anything on it... then scuffed it up with some 1500 grit sandpaper... cleaned it off again then went to work with the paint. a couple layers of black then 2 layers of clear

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Looking good !

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Lookin Damn good!

I just did the same on my black silverado. Looks 10xs better than that ugly grey.

haha thank you! yah I know.. I had that fake chrome shit.. I'm loving the all black stealth look.. I just need to do the valence and chrome bumper now. Im working on painting those orange reflectors on the lights black right now actually

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i am new to these forums i have been so busy lately working i now have like 4 months off but i was wanting to do this to my 03 hoe how do you go about doing it how much does it cost i dont have a custom grill just the ugly ol stock one it came with my hoe is charcoal plz help me haha im in desperate need i would post a pic of it so you could also tell me cheap little things to do to it but i dont even know how to post a picture of it lol i have some on my computer. thanks !

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man, glad to see im not the only tahoe running around w/ a black grille and chrome bumper. LOL.. Soon will be black bumper. Got the grille free. Trying to get the bumper the same way. (no its not stolen, swapped out someone) any takers, mine is brand new