Painting stock roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone painted their stock roof rack, and if you did, what is a good paint to use? Mine is in good shape, but the paint is faded bad and it looks like crap.

When you take the roof rack off, do the cross bars seperate from the side rails, or does it have to remain one big piece? I dont want to go at this completely blind.

Anyone powdercoat a rack? That would be my ideal paint preference. Cant take it to the powedercoater if the rack doesnt come apart though.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven't taken mine apart, but the cross rails should come out of it, then unbolt the side rails from the roof. (if the bolts aren't rusted to hell)

i would use normal automotive paint on it or powdercoat it.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
dupli color auto trim paint....got another can of it recently just havent had the time. Ive used it before on another vehicle and it turned out pretty damn good

Big Red

Reaction score
Use Plastidip if you want to do a quick spray job. Holds up pretty well and easy to touch up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junior88