Painting the front grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerFlip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im wanting to paint the front grill black. What kind of paint should I use or can I just buy a black grill?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Buy a black grille so you do not have the risk of the paint chipping off. I would guess your stock grille is black unless you have the chrome mesh one?
I have a black stock grille for sale by they way.

OP
OP
T

TylerFlip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah my ltz is the chrome package so I'm trying to replace all this chrome crap with black. How much for the grill?

NJgunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah my ltz is the chrome package so I'm trying to replace all this chrome crap with black. How much for the grill?

im in the same boat man....'10 tahoe LTZ...I tinted mine now I want all chrome black! if you find any good websites with aftermarket grills post it on here thanks

NJgunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh no what part of Jersey are you from? lol

Toms River (the shore) 10 mins from where they filmed "the jersey shore" and mynames Vinny to boot...but im not a filthy ***** lol

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1702&pictureid=12864

I painted mine and had it cleared. Then I had the grille that I bought from modded powder coated and installed it. I haven't had any problems.

im a little confused with your post, did you have the stock chrome grilled painted and cleared or did u buy one and have it powder coated and installed it....i have the stock chrome grill I like the way yours looks I wanna get mine painted like that I guess i will have to take it somewhere....does it chip from rocks? How easy was it to take out?

fireman297

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was just the basic grille with chrome surround and black plastic weave inserts. I pulled the whole grille out and seperated the black weave from the chrome. Then I painted the chrome and cleared it. I then re-installed the weave and cut it out and installed the new powder coated stainless steel grille that I bought from Modded. Maybe someone can help or you can do a search, but someone posted a thread on how to remove the grille and it was a huge help.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have the chrome grille, i'm willing to trade mine LS with black mesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here