Passive Door Lock not fully locking car when exiting vehicle with two pulls of the interior door handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TVinnyC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an issue on my brand new 2024 Yukon Denali. I have been able to 100% of the time recreate and essentially the passive door locking works properly and folds mirrors when the Auto Door Unlock is set to Driver or All Doors. It comes down to something in the locks or sensors that seems to not be telling the computer "HOW" the doors were unlocked. If I set Auto Door Unlock to off, there are two ways to exit the vehicle, by pressing the unlock button on the interior of the door, or pulling the handle twice. Here are my settings, and steps performed to come to this conclusion. I don't know if the problem is in the software or a sensor/module somewhere. The Dealer cannot figure it out and I am working with GM to try and resolve. Hoping someone here has an idea or has seen this before.

Settings
Power Door Locks --> Auto Door Unlock (Off) - Choose which doors will automatically unlock when you shift into park. Select Off to prevent automatic unlocking.
Passive Door Lock (On with Horn Chirp) - When on, your vehicle will automatically lock when all doors are closed and you walk away with the remote key.
Passive Door Unlock (Driver Door Only) - choose which doors unlock when you press the unlock button on the exterior driver door handle.
Remote Lock Feedback (Lights and Horn) - Choose how you want to receive confirmation that your vehicle has been remotely locked.
Remote Mirror Folding (On) - When on, your outside mirrors will automatically fold in when you press the lock button on your Remote Key or exterior door handle.

Steps & Expected Results
Drive the vehicle and doors lock.
Put in park, doors remain locked.
Shut vehicle off.

To exit the vehicle there are two options, both of which let the driver out.
Method 1-Unlock all doors using the unlock button on the inside of the driver door.

Method 2-Pull the driver door interior handle one time to unlock the driver door (red locked light goes out), and a second time to open the driver door from the inside.
Upon closing the driver door with the key fob in pocket, after a short wait the car should lock doors and fold the mirrors based on the Passive Door Lock and Mirror folding settings.

Observed Behavior
Exit method 1 to unlock the doors for exit, the Passive Door Lock and Mirror folding settings are followed as expected. (PASS)
When trying to re-enter the vehicle by pressing the exterior button on the door handle, the doors unlock according to the Passive Door Unlock setting and the door opens. (PASS)

Exit method 2 to unlock only the driver door for exit, the Passive Door Lock setting is followed, however the Mirror folding is NOT as they stay open. (FAIL)
When trying to re-enter the vehicle by pressing the exterior button on the door handle, the vehicle locks again even though it was already locked. (FAIL)
Pressing the same button a second time unlocks the driver door. At this point, upon opening and closing the driver door, the car locks itself and the mirrors fold. (PASS)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisp993